Let’s keep it real, Mary…
Opening a Hamburger Mary’s franchise isn’t easy or cheap, and there’s no guarantee of success. To be considered, individuals or partnerships must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, drive and passion for the hospitality industry
- Previous experience in the restaurant industry (if you have none, then you will be required to hire an experienced manager/operator to run your franchise)
- Ability to obtain a liquor license
- Capital… It is difficult to estimate the exact amount you will need to open a Hamburger Mary’s franchise, as there are no “cookie cutter” locations. Here is an general breakdown
- Upfront Cost: $50,000 Franchise Fee due at signing. This secures your right to all our trademarks and secrets for your metro area.
- Buildout Costs: This will depend on the location you select (Do you own the building? Is there restaurant/bar infrastructure there presently? How much construction is needed? etc) In general, access to at least $200,000 is preferred, but some locations have opened with much less. We do not offer financing, however many locations have been successful securing bank loans, including SBA loans (Hamburger Mary’s is listed on the SBA Franchise Directory)
- Ongoing Royalties: We are among the lowest royalties in the industry at 4% of gross monthly revenue
- Complete and submit an online Franchise Inquiry Form
- Telephone interview with a member of the Hamburger Mary’s team
- Receive and review the Franchise Disclosure Document
- Preliminary approval on territory and development
- Final approval and franchise awarded
- Then the fun begins… Securing and designing your location, training at one of our flagship locations (Chicago or West Hollywood), pre-opening training of your initial staff, and opening your new Hamburger Mary’s!
Please fill out the initial Franchise Application and a member of our team will contact you to get the ball rolling.